Biobest is a leading international growing company. Biobest produces and commercializes beneficial insects and mites for biological and integrated crop protection, as well as bumblebees for biological pollination.
Reports to: National Sales Manager
The duties, responsibilities and guidelines for this position will evolve over time as the situation changes with respect to products and services offered by Biobest.
Duties, Responsibilities and Guidelines:
- Collect and analyse market data and trends about the Agricultural market and Develop a data validation processes.
- Conduct market research to gain insights into buyer behaviour and market dynamics in the sector and related sectors.
- Analyse different types of data and make recommendations to both management and sales.
- Support Sales team in analyzing and understanding customers for more effective approach
- Keep an overview of our competitors and competitive products in the various markets.
- Support the team in collecting price, market mapping analysis, due diligence, regulatory tracking and any other relevant data in a timely manner as required by the various business units within our company.
- Ability to align project outcomes with business financial goals and strategy.
- Support client regulatory filings and postings related to program changes.
- Develop original computational models to predict agricultural and environmental performance and conditions using geospatial, weather, crop, trade, and pricing data, as they pertain to the vision and goals of our company.
Education and experience:
- Relevant post-secondary background -a degree in Business Administration/Commercial Sciences/Market Intelligence or equivalent by relevant experience (experience 2 to 5 years).
- Knowledge of agriculture and focus on sustainability is necessary.
Requirements Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly developed deductive reasoning skills with ability to troubleshoot & problem solve.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: Proposal development, codes and standards, change management, continuous improvement.
- Strong computer science fundamental (data structures and algorithms).
- Strong understanding of statistics, mathematics.
- Able to make quick decisions and has a strong attention to details.
- Flexible, stress-resistant, problem solving, eager in learning, practical and a hands-on mindset are qualities you own.
- A desire to keep ahead of new and evolving technologies.
Languages: English, Spanish and/or French an asset
Location: Leamington, Ontario.
Must be able to travel internationally.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 /year
- Market Research: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Leamington, ON (Preferred)