Jowett Farms Corporation is a growing, family-run company located within the beautiful town of Blumenort, Manitoba. Our state-of-the-art processing plant is the first of its kind in Canada. We credit our continuous growth to our focus on innovation, teambuilding, and leadership.
We believe every member of the team is important and prioritize fair treatment of our employees. Jowett Farms provides an opportunity for you to grow your professional skills and gain recognition for your contributions to the company. We are committed to supporting our team through their challenges, successes, and growth. If you appreciate a diverse, up-beat, and hard-working team, our company may be the career you have been looking for.
What makes us great?
- Comprehensive group insurance including health and dental
- Internal advancement opportunities
- A family like environment built on respect, goals, and communication
- Training and Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonuses
- Employee purchase discount program
We are excited to be adding members to our PRODUCTION team. Our Production team works Monday to Friday between the hours of 5:00am and 3:00pm, staggered start.
To join our team, applicants must have an excellent work ethic, outstanding attendance record, and must work well within a team. Previous experience with processing meat, butchering, or harvesting animals is an asset but not required. Ability to operate at a fast pace, while maintaining safe and efficient work is important.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Legging, skinning, carcass wash
- Evisceration, splitting, trimming, scaling
- Quality assurance; product inspections and identify suspect meat
- Must be able to use processing machinery
- Experience with knives in a commercial environment preferred
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Must have ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Tasks may involve standing, lifting, crouching etc. for extended periods of time
- Work in a cool, wet and/or hot, wet environment
- Repetitive tasks
We are looking for dedicated, long-term, team players. If you would like to be considered for our team please provide a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. As much as we would like to have the opportunity to talk to everyone that applies, we only will be contacting those that we select to interview, and we thank you for your interest.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday