Are you interested in joining an organization that:
- Has over 30 years of experience providing innovative software simulation solutions in the Air Traffic Management (ATM) and Air Traffic Control (ATC) fields?
- Provides products and services to governments, colleges and universities, and defense and civilian ATC agencies worldwide?
- Offers a pay-for-performance compensation structure, tuition reimbursement, and access to various professional development opportunities?
- Has work/life balance programs in place and offers a holistic benefits package that is fully customizable based on your specific needs?
If this sounds interesting to you, continue reading about our job vacancy below.
The Software Developer II(Senior) participates in the design, development, and testing of new effective software. S/he also helps to perform enhancements to existing software in support of maintenance and assists with the enhancement of the Adacel product lines. In addition, the Software Developer II (Senior) will be required to work with members of other departments to properly identify product requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits proficiency when coding and testing software.
- Learn and acquire the ATC concepts in two or more fields such as Clearance, Coordination, Probing, Position Report processing, Grib Processing and Airspace Management.
- Know how to design, implement and attend the inspections in the area of interest and ensure that changes introduced do not violate the overall software architecture.
- Participate in estimation of the work for the Program Trouble Reports (PTR) and new enhancement in terms of time and source lines of code.
- Work on the Program Trouble Reports (PTR) assigned by the software manager and the team lead with no regression.
- Maintain or exceed the productivity of the Program Trouble Reports (PTR) resolution set for the project.
- Creates relevant documentation with minimal supervision.
- Works with the Product Management team and Subject Matter Experts to identify and clarify requirements.
- Assists in “Tier 3” Engineering support of customer problems to resolve defects in fielded systems, with minimal supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of Software Development experience.
- 5+ years’ experience of C and/or C++ programming;
- 5+ years’ experience of software development in a UNIX or LINUX environment;
- 5+ years’ experience of Real Time Control System.
- Experience in scripting.
- Proficiency with software architectures and design methodologies.
- Proficiency with applicable programming languages and libraries.
- Proficiency with procedural and object-oriented coding methodologies.
- Knowledge of the AGILE/SCRUM methodology.
- Knowledge of ATM communication protocols and ATM message types (AFTN, AIDC, CPDLC, ADS, ACARS, ASTERIX, etc.) (asset).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be team-oriented.
- 6 years of Software Development experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Software Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- C and/or C++ programming: 5 years (Required)
- UNIX or LINUX: 5 years (Required)
- Real Time Control System: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Montréal, QC (Preferred)
- English and French (Preferred)