EMPLOYMENT LOCATIONS: Mississauga, Sarnia and Ottawa
At Westcan, we dedicate ourselves to delivering complete, customer-driven transportation solutions. Since 1964, our team of industry professionals has worked to build a reputation for safety, on time delivery and unparalleled customer service. Staying true to this tradition is what keeps Westcan driving for excellence.
You'll take the wheel for the first time when you're 16. You'll get your CDL and the keys to your first rig when you're 22. Married at 24; first home at 25. You’ll drive over 3 million miles. You’ll circle your truck over 9000 times and you’ll help dozens of people you meet along the road. Your first child will be born when you’re 33. Sure you will miss some dance recitals, some ball games, but you’ll be there when it counts. You will retire one day, but you'll be a driver for life because you were #MeantForTheRoad.
Our Professional Truck Drivers haul various liquid and dry bulk commodities including, anhydrous ammonia (NH3), asphalt, fuel, grains and fertilizers, and propane among others. At any given time, we have openings for Seasonal, Rotational and Full Time Professional Truck Drivers to haul bulk commodities throughout the Western Provinces, Ontario and Northern Canada.
What’s in it for you?
* HOURLY PAY! Our Professional Truck Drivers are paid hourly based on e-logs
* A very competitive BASE RATE combined with add-ons for NIGHT SHIFT, CITY DELIVERIES, US HAULS and certain PRODUCT/TRAILER premiums. Tenure premiums kick in after 1 (one) year of employment!
- Quarterly Good Operations Bonus is available to drivers based on incident free driving along with an annual Driver of the Year monetary award and gala
- We provide a yearly uniform and boots allowance
- Referral reward payments up to $2,000 available per successful hire (certain conditions apply)
- We are a fun team and maintain a family like atmosphere
- We listen to your ideas and give you an opportunity to make changes
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety and lead by example every day through actively caring about one another
- We offer a wide range of other employee programs and incentives including a RRSP/DPSP matching program, annual bonus opportunities and scholarships opportunities for your children
- Airfare to and from the driver’s residence and place of employment for seasonal and rotational drivers
What you bring:
- Class 1 (1Z/AZ) driver’s license with a minimum of 2 years’ 7 or 8 axle driving experience
- Experience hauling liquid or dry bulk products an asset
- Ability and willingness to chain-up tires when necessary or required
- Safety conscious approach to all job duties
- A self-starter with a highly energetic results oriented work style
Call our Recruiter Kerry at 519.331.4308 for more information.
Applicants for this position will need to produce proof of valid driver’s license and current driver’s abstract. Applicants in consideration will adhere to company arranged health assessment, drug and alcohol screen and criminal record search. External applicants should apply online on the Career Opportunities page found under the Join Our Team link at www.DriveWithWBT.ca.
We love diversity! Westcan is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent