The Trackman repairs the railroad tracks and its components for the Huron Central Railway.
Work location : Blind River, Ontario.
Type: Permanent position.
Salary: According to the salary grid.
Main duties :
The Trackman performs the following tasks :
- works with different tools (manual, hydraulic or other);
- lifts heavy objects;
- learn and respect the different safety rules and procedures;
- assists his colleague, example: maintaining the tracks, switches and its premises including the structures, according to the current standards;
- interacts with road municipal or provincial authorities;
- works safely;
- performs all other related tasks.
- Have a High School Diploma.
- Have a class 3 driver’s permit (asset)
- Work experience in construction or mechanics (asset)
- Skilled in written and verbal communications.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Have good Problem-solving skills.
- Able to work alone or in a group and work safely.
- Be responsible and ready to work in a multidisciplinary work environment.
- Show a great autonomy and be resourceful.
- Ready to work outside in different weather conditions.
- Work outside of your region.
- Able to adapt to changes: working hours, service calls, overtime, tasks to accomplish, etc.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening, pre-employment physical and full background check.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.64 to $28.99 /hour
- construction or mechanical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Blind River, ON (Preferred)
- drivers (Preferred)
- English (Required)