The Toronto Shared Services is responsible for the operational accounting for two of the company’s largest Canadian retail business units, covering Western and Central Canada.
The role of Manager, Operation Accounting in the Toronto Shared Services is a key role in ensuring that the Operational accounting processes, systems and policies are efficient and accurate, and in providing support and expertise to the business units.
Working alongside innovative and devoted Share Service teams, who take pride in the company’s culture to make it easier for our customer, this role will provide you with exciting growth opportunities within a dynamic and professional retail environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Oversee the management of the Retail Accounting team
- Oversee process enhancements and optimization for Operation
- Improve the efficiency of existing procedures to a standardize method
- Assist in ensuring Operation’s policy changes are implemented and followed
- Monitor and communicate any abnormal store control finding to Business Units
- Assist Business Units investigating any store variance inquiries
- Oversee the resolution of disputed claims made by Dealers
- Oversee the preparation of legal counsel supporting documents for Dealers.
- Oversee the insurance all store sales are posted
- Oversee the period end closing of Cost of Goods Sold
- Oversee by store analyst of inventory and lottery variances
- Oversee the processing of merchandising suppliers’ invoices
- Assist in reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts and account variances are resolved in a timely manner
- Prepare, record and authorize the posting of journal entries
- Other projects as required
- Professional Accounting designation
- 5 + years accounting experience
- Strong Leadership experience, supervising, mentoring and coaching staff
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Proven analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational abilities and the ability to work effectively with different levels of management and across different functions.
- Proven track record of improving processes
- Experience dealing with Auditors and management at all levels
- Preference to someone who has had exposure to many functions of accounting and retail with large volumes of Data
Circle K values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from the following designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)