Position: Senior Director, Monetization
Position Type: Fulltime, Permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
Division: Postmedia Digital
Postmedia is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 125 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
Postmedia’s Digital Product team is looking for a Senior Director to support the development of fresh and innovative advertising solutions while optimizing digital monetization across our network of 100+ sites. In this role, you’ll be leading a team of product managers and content marketers, so being able to switch between left-brain and right-brain thinking comes naturally to you. You’ll also be splitting your time between engineering and sales stakeholders, so you know what it takes to build and ship products quickly to meet business and client needs. Finally, you understand how different advertising tactics fit within the marketing funnel, and get what it means to deliver solutions that drive value.
Under your leadership, your teams will be working in an Agile development group on a day-to-day basis while also meeting with clients – both big and small! – to put together advertising solutions that deliver. As someone who isn’t afraid to roll up your sleeves, you’ll jump in to remove roadblocks when needed to ensure their success, while always keeping an eye on the big picture. You love to test out new ideas because, well, you’re innovative like that. You’ll wear many hats in this role, but delivering killer digital experiences to support Postmedia and its advertisers will be the driving force behind everything you do.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the overall product strategy and roadmap for Postmedia’s on-network monetization efforts, including traditional and custom digital advertising solutions within direct and programmatic spaces
- Be the de-facto expert when it comes to understanding how and why Postmedia’s digital monetization solutions contribute to the overall financial success of the company
- Lead the development and go-to-market strategy for Postmedia’s suite of native advertising solutions (direct and programmatic), while addressing both technical and content production considerations.
- Test and validate new and existing advertising products by making sense of varied data sources, leading competitive landscape research, and performing routine gap analysis
- Support and grow a team of product managers and content marketers through effective, thoughtful leadership
- Support the Director of Postmedia’s content Studio (Content Works) to accelerate the business’ core strategic imperatives, including:
o Data-driven content creation strategies that improve engagement while leveraging Postmedia’s first-party audience insights;
o Scalable digital branded content approaches for a variety of advertiser objectives;
o Compelling, SEO-friendly content which compliments Postmedia’s search business
o Content creation within key business verticals for both commercial and audience growth purposes
- Get senior leadership, sales teams, and clients excited about what you’re working on by owning core product messaging and go-to-market strategy
- Be an integrated advertising subject matter expert and support cross-functional teams as needed
- Work with whomever you need to in order to get things done (UX, Development, Marketing, Sales, Legal, external vendors, etc.)
Who you are:
- 7-10 years of solid Product Management, Agency, or Digital experience, ideally leading teams through Agile product delivery
- Deep understanding of digital advertising products, platforms, and trends (hands-on campaign management is very preferred), including experience with both direct and programmatic solutions
- You’re a problem solver who brings creative solutions to the table and are great at breaking down big tasks into logical steps
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; putting together messaging for technical and non-technical audiences is a snap for you
- Ability to design and navigate through conflicting priorities; you can turn ambiguity into clarity in a fast-changing environment
- Strong data-driven approach to decision making; you’re comfortable working with numbers to back up your recommendations
- Consumer-centric approach to product and feature design; you get what digital advertisers are looking for and stay on top of industry trends
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and partners; you focus on solutions and not problems, and can lead senior-level meetings without breaking a sweat
- People describe you as collaborative, analytical, and an overall great person to work with
- Experience in a media, start-up or digital environment preferred.
- University degree or equivalent experience
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter and resume in one document.
Application Deadline: February 23, 2021
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Application Deadline: 2021-01-26
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent