Vaccination Clinic Registration Clerk
Temporary Full Time/Temporary Part Time (approximately
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Vacination Clinic Registration Clerk who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
As a Vaccination Clinic Registration Clerk you will be supporting Mackenzie Health by providing information and direction to patients and visitors attending appointments at the vaccination clinic. Your role will be to greet and check-in individuals/clients. You will enter health card and demographic information into the Ministry of Health Application COVAX. You will provide the client a vaccination record at the conclusion of the appointment. Other administrative tasks as applicable.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
o Obtain consent from clients attending the vaccination clinic.
o Documenting client demographics into the COVAX application.
o Ensuring accuracy of the information documented in the COVAX application.
o Ascertain that clients have waited the required period of observation
o Document client adverse events in COVAX
o Provide clients with written vaccination record
- Providing direction/escorting clients visitors to various areas within the clinic to maintain clinic flow
- Instruct and observe patients to follow proper hand hygiene protocols and provide procedure masks if required during their visit
- Deal with patient and visitor inquiries/concerns in a professional, respectful and courteous manner
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
- Minimally, current enrollment in high school, a University or College program required
- At least 16 years of age
- Access to a personal smart phone with the ability to download application for two-factor authentication
What else do you bring?
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Comfortable using web-based applications via touch screen tablet
- Able to walk comfortably throughout the hospital;
- Proven attendance record;
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures
- Foster a safe and inclusive environment for all;
- Able to communicate effectively and assertively with others, demonstrates good interpersonal skills
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others;
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring;
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Training to be provided by the Manager, Pharmacy Services
- You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health