WeedMD Inc. is the publicly traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer and distributor of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates two facilities: a 26,000 sq. ft. facility in Aylmer, Ontario and a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse and outdoor facility located in Strathroy, Ontario. The Company currently has 136,000 square feet of licensed indoor and greenhouse production space across its facilities and is expected to have a total footprint of more than 550,000 square feet of indoor and greenhouse production space online in 2019. In addition, 27 acres of outdoor cultivation has now been approved for cultivation with first harvest expected in the fall of 2019. WeedMD has a multi-channeled distribution strategy that includes selling directly to medical patients, strategic relationships across the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, responsibilities will include ensuring a timely and accurate response to purchase requests and overall company purchasing needs. This role will include sourcing and purchasing products, services, and dealing directly with vendors.
- Maintaining Purchase Requests & converting to Purchase Orders.
- Tracking PO's for Signature Approvals - follow up on workflow approval to ensure timely processing.
- Sending PO's to vendors as required.
- Requesting, tracking & following up on Quotes.
- Uploading approved PO's into ERP.
- Vendor Communication & scheduling.
- Management & tracking of paperwork from Purchasing to Finance – Liaison with Finance on any discrepancies .
- Learning & knowing all ERP products and corresponding suppliers.
- Other Purchasing administration tasks including but not limited to:
- Purchasing administrative tasks.
- Support to department manager in prep of reports & planning needs.
- Support to Purchasing Material Planner and other department staff.
- Support to other departments.
- Sourcing & tracking shipments where required.
- Preparing Credit Apps for approval.
- Setting up new suppliers for approval.
- 2-3 years’ experience in an office/administrative environment.
- Diploma in a business-related discipline from a recognized university or college is considered an asset.
- Great communication skills with internal staff and external vendors.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and consistency is a must.
- Adaptability to fast paced, time sensitive work environment.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook & calendar scheduling.
- Ability and willingness to learn ERP system.
- A positive attitude, integrity in results, confidentiality and appreciation for a team environment is who we are.
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Purchasing: 2 years (Preferred)