Located in Okanagan Falls, Unit Electrical Engineering (UEE) manufactures custom electrical solutions for mining, oil & gas, industrial, commercial, transportation and renewable energy applications worldwide. We are looking for an experienced intermediate level Electrical Engineer to work out of our Okanagan Falls or Port Coquitlam office.
UEE offers a competitive salary package, positive work environment, and the opportunity to work for an industry leader in the design and manufacture of electrical power and control equipment.
This position provides solutions to technical problems and is responsible for job planning and quality production. The Electrical Engineer is accountable for the processes of design, testing and continuous development of electrical equipment, components and systems as assigned. You would be working closely with the Mechanical Engineering Department to ensure seamless integration between electrical and mechanical aspects of the design.
- Perform electrical designs ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, and work order requirements.
- Generate Single Line Diagrams, Three Line Diagrams, Panel Schedules, Distribution Schematics & Cable Schedules for approval, manufacturing & as-built drawing packages.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of company engineering standards and procedures.
- Report work compliance with relevant codes, standards and procedures.
- Provide electrical calculations such as volt-drop, distribution transformer sizing, cable sizing and panel loading.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software such as AutoCAD.
- Provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in the design & manufacturing phases.
- Create technical reports, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Develop sustainable work relationships to ensure positive resolutions with all contacts.
- Perform electrical studies as assigned.
- Create conceptual designs for assigned projects.
- Create specifications as needed.
- Oversee the implementation of designs.
- Review and inspect projects on the manufacturing floor.
- Make technical decisions & take corrective action to address non conformance or code and standards violations in the design.
- Participate in department training programs.
- Maintain up-to-date electrical engineering knowledge and stay current with industry trends and best practices.
- P. Eng. designation or EIT in Electrical Engineering required.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Electrical engineering degree
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles especially with regard to industrial power systems.
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian electrical standards.
- Work experience with power distribution systems preferred. Expertise in mine distribution is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code or operation’s geographical area.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Health and Safety a priority.
- Commitment to professional development
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build and maintain constructive lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners and clients.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Due to the impact of COVID-19, our top priority is ensuring that our employees are safe, with policies and procedures in place to effectively handle our response to the outbreak.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place