About the Role
Morningstar Research Inc. is a leading provider of independent investment research. Our mission is to create great products that help investors reach their financial goals. We offer an extensive line of Internet, software, and print-based products for individual investors, financial advisors, and institutional clients around the world.
We are currently seeking an Equity Data Analyst (entry level) to join the CPMS product line of our business. The office is located in downtown Toronto, within walking distance of Union Station (subway, GO trains). We provide flexible working hours.
Working with our Equity Data team of Analysts, you will maintain financial databases for equities listed on Canadian and American stock exchanges. The successful candidate will possess analytical skills, solid mathematical and database knowledge and have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Reviewing, analyzing and inputting of press releases and financial reports from public companies
- Accumulating, monitoring and reviewing estimates supplied by the brokerage community
- Increasing the CPMS equity universe coverage
- Participating in projects designed to improve the efficiency of internal processes or enhance the CPMS product line
- Bachelor’s degree with intermediate level financial accounting courses which focused on consolidations and future income taxes
- Comprehension of the fundamentals of databases and data flows
- Knowledge of SQL is an asset
- Ability to analyze issues and determine possible courses of action either in a team or independently
- Canadian Securities Course is recommended
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter. If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please include a copy of your unofficial transcript.
100_MstarResCanad Morningstar Research, Inc. (Canada) Legal Entity