City Elevator Ltd. is a locally owned and operated elevator service company serving the Metro Vancouver area. The company is engaged in elevator maintenance, repair, and modernization. It prides itself on providing Quality Elevator Service to commercial and residential buildings and institutions.
Reporting to the controller, the AR accounting clerk is responsible for ensuring all services provided to customers are invoiced accurately and in a timely manner and the company receives payment for all of its invoices. The individual verifies and records transactions, resolves account discrepancies, and performs other tasks to facilitate receiving payments from customers. This position performs collections work and communicates with customers in all matters related to payment of invoices. Please see primary responsibilities below for more details.
· Accountable: Owns all targets, orders, results, and complaints. Able to prioritize and manage expectations
· Work Independently: Ability to work with minimal supervision at all times.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Attention to Detail: Working in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner.
· Numeracy: Confident and skilled in using numbers and mathematical approaches in all aspects of the job.
· Critical Judgment: Evaluating ideas and information while referring to objective criteria to reach rational conclusion.
· Results Oriented: Driven by desire to achieve financial and operational goals.
· Reliability & Trustworthiness: Realizes the importance of external and internal customer service. Always ensures that what is promised is carried out.
· Accounting: Following established accounting processes and procedures to ensure the effective recording, tracking, and management of revenues and expenditures.
· Communicator: Displays a straight and honest approach to communicating with management, customers, vendors, contractors and staff. Strong relationship development and communication skills to foster positive relationships both internally and externally.
· Analytical Thinking: Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making.
· A minimum of a post-secondary diploma in accounting or an accounting certificate is required.
· A minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in AP/AR and collections is mandatory.
· Expertise working with accounting packages is required.
· Working knowledge of MS Office software, particularly, Excel and Word.
· English Language Skills – Excellent command of written and spoken English language is necessary for this position.
· Competence in the use of an ERP system is an asset.
· Coordinate with operations and maintenance managers for daily generation of invoices.
· Manage collection of current and past-due invoices.
· Receive customer concerns and disputes of invoices and respond and resolve with help from operations manager, maintenance and service manager, and dispatch.
· Perform regular review of accounts receivable and contact customers for overdue invoices ensuring collection.
· Post customer payments.
· Generate customer account statements.
· Maintain accounts receivable files and records.
· Produce financial and management reports as necessary.
· Provide backup for Accounts Payable.
· Participate in month-end and year-end close tasks.
· Act as back-up of contract manager for monthly billing of contracts.
· Participate in internal and external audits.
· Other tasks as required and necessary.
This position qualifies for 2 weeks of paid vacation. Extended benefits offered upon completion of probation period.
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter and their resume in PDF format.
Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered for this position. We thank all the applicants in advance, however, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
We are hiring for this position directly and will not require any assistance from recruitment agencies.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $44,000.00 per year
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Our office is open with an abundance of safety precautions.
- Accounting: 1 year (required)