As a Special Projects Field Technician you will be responsible for the fiber and all structured cabling installation and network infrastructure on site. You will be the main point of contact for the customer, resolving any concerns and building strong customer relationships. You will ensure that all work is completed to the highest standards and that the customers needs are met.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
Reporting to the Project/Operations Manager, every Special Projects Technician will need to possess a positive and passionate personality, with the natural ability to positively communicate with any of TechConnect’s Customer’s and Staff. They will demonstrate an ability to listen and empathize with our customer’s needs and problems.
- Installation, testing, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of structured cable components. (Cat 5E, Cat 6, Cat 6A, RF, Fiber Optic)
- Installation and testing of communication circuits via available communications cabling network
- Read and interpret telecommunication drawings and specifications
- A high level of industry knowledge and experience is required.
- Completing site surveys to troubleshoot and design corrective Data/fiber optic network installations for existing systems with inadequate coverage. Report findings to the appropriate staff.
- Expert at Completing Sweep, PIM, and Fiber testing. (Anritsu, Viavi and EXFO Certifications a plus)
- Must have high level of understanding and experience performing fusion splicing, fiber terminations, fiber dressing, fiber cleaning and OTDR Testing.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Safety First Mindset
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License or equivalent (recent Driver’s Abstract will be required upon condition of employment)
- Excellent understanding of networking requirements and wiring standards applicable to the telecommunications industry that include codes, standards, and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with clients and team members
- Previous field experience and/or education in the telecommunications/Cable TV industry an asset
- Fluent in English, with demonstrated professional oral and written communications skills: fluency in other languages would be a bonus
- Ability to work various shifts including evenings, nights, weekends and statutory holidays
- Must be able to travel to sites across Western Canada for up to 3 weeks at a time.
- Approved PPE, job tools and equipment required.
- Ability to work solo or in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Strong organization, prioritizing, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to travel locally and beyond your Base of Operations
- Possess strong computer skills
- College Technical Diploma or equivalent in a related field preferred
- Commscope Systimax certification training is an asset
- Belden certification training is an asset
- Corning certification training is an asset
- Panduit Certification is an asset
- Security, Distributed Antenna System (DAS) and Access Control experience is an asset
- Fluke certification training is an asset
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 70lbs
· Must be able to climb or work at heights in excess of 28’
· Must be able to work in various Canadian weather conditions in all seasons
· Must have appropriate vision to be able to safely identify various colour schemes
· Physically able to perform all aspects of the job including, but not limited to, climbing ladders, working in confined spaces and safely operating hand tools
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00-$35.00 per hour Full Time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person