Job Location: Saint John, NB
Saint John Nissan, a respected leader in the automotive retail industry is currently seeking a positive minded, highly motivated, upbeat Automotive Sales Manager to complement our existing sales staff.
The Sales Manager has the opportunity to lead the sales team to create an exceptional experience for customers. This role is responsible for selecting, training, coaching, developing and retaining the very best Professional Sales Team for the store and driving a high-level of performance among the sales team to increase market share, achieve targeted unit sales and profit margins while ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
Who would you interact with?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Product Specialists, other Managers, Financial Services Manager, and support staff, just to name a few.
- Minimum of 2 years in automotive dealership sales or finance management is a MUST
- Minimum of 2 years in Sales Management
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with outstanding attention to detail is critical
- Proven ability to motivate, mentor, coach and lead a sales team
- Automotive Business Management experience is an asset
- Hands-on approach to managing and closing deals
- Order and maintain vehicle inventory
- Appraise incoming used vehicles
- Price and market inventory
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional professionalism, leadership, management, and communication skills
- This highly motivated individual must be career-driven with a passion for the automotive industry and customer service excellence
- Being part of a successful auto group with a proven process that delivers consistent predicable results
- Setting a clear vision and goals for the sales team to achieve targeted performance expectations in vehicle sales and profit while following best practice processes
- Driving the business through a high-level of involvement in the day-to-day operations.
- Managing the negotiation process with Product Specialist ensuring that customers understand their vehicle purchase options and pricing.
- Managing all three areas of customer traffic: Showroom, E-Commerce, and Phones
- Partnering with General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager to plan and manage new vehicle inventory
- Assisting in managing controllable expense elements for the New Vehicle Department
Analyzing the business to determine shortfalls and developing action plans to improve performance
- ADP and CRM experience are strong assets but not required
- Positive and energetic attitude
- Friendly and presentable appearance is a must
- High School or equivalent education
- Through regular and consistent coaching you will foster teamwork and collaboration to meet and exceed department goals
- Drive all Key Performance Indicators across the team through behavioural training, tracking and follow-up
- Motivate team to perform at a higher level by setting goals and follow up
- Achieve incremental sales growth by gaining commitment from your team
- Utilize revenue and reports to monitor sales, analyze deficiencies, and respond quickly to opportunities
- Interview and recruit talent
- Build and execute development plans to drive optimal performance for all direct reports
- Leverage and coach Associates on product knowledge as a differentiating factor in the selling process
- Competitive pay for performance- comprehensive health benefits
- A fun, family oriented environment
- Unparalleled full management and leadership support
- Industry leading compensation and Benefits package
- Full support of the parts & service department
- Unlimited earnings potential and a comprehensive benefits package
- Vehicle allowance/company demonstrator
- Great working environment with all the perks
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above position; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)