· Location: remote, online, work from home (Canada)
· Start date: immediately
· Contract type: independent contractor
· Contract term: minimum of six months
PlEASE SENT APPLICATION THROUGH INDEED, NOT EMAIL, THANKS
Lorvale Academy (formerly known as Aims High School) is a private school located in Toronto offering full time and part-time studies to students. We are looking for part-time online Elementary English teachers.
· Teach English to students (Grade 9 - Grade 12) through an online platform;
· Encourage, inspire and enable students to learn&use English confidently;
· Our facilitator team will take care of the class scheduling and student assignment for you;
· Teachers will be teaching in a 1 on 1 format at the beginning, with up to 5 students per classroom;
- Knowledge with the Ontario Ministry of Education's Curriculum
- Ability to create customized learning plans to meet individual learning goals
- Ability and willingness to learn new knowledge and tools
- Must be a First language English speaker
- Must live in Canada
- Mush have an OCT certification
- Minimum one year of teaching experience
- Eligible to legally work in Canada
- Bachelor’s degree or above is preferred
- Digital literacy and the ability to teach in an engaging and inspiring learning atmosphere
- Prior teaching experience or equivalent in education, tutoring, mentoring, homeschooling are assets
- Technical requirements: a computer with a stable internet connection and clear audio/video capacity (download speed >15mbps, upload speed >5mbps)
- Create and prepare grade appropriate subject lesson plan
- Deliver the lesson plan in an engaging and inspiring way
- Evaluate student assignments
- Periodically evaluate and communicate the progress of the students to center officers and parents
- Willingness to cover other teachers as required
Various bonuses provided.
Selected candidates will be contacted for an internet interview.
Thank you for your interest.
Reference ID: LVA-OHET
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)