Mechanical Assembly Technicians
VOTI Detection is a company on a mission. We save lives, protect people and assets through the enhanced detection of threats and contraband. VOTI Detection serving over 45 countries around the world has become a market-defining company for best in class conventional X-ray security scanners. Based in Montreal, VOTI Detection brings innovative Canadian made security solutions to markets facing dynamic and ever-changing threats. We provide security solutions that produces an enhanced image with a 3D PerspectiveTM and much greater clarity that enables our clients to make better, more informed, and critical decisions.
VOTI Detection’s culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, great customer experience, and making a difference in the world. VOTI Detection offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
As a result of the Company’s rapid growth, we are currently looking for Mechanical Assembly Technicians who can actively contribute to provide assembly support to our production department. Reporting to the Production Manager you will undertake all tasks and responsibilities assigned to your position.
- Read, learn and understand work instructions written or verbal, to comply with assembly of products or components according to established guidelines and quality standards
- Use a variety of hand & power tools following appropriate methods and procedures to complete mechanical assembly of components or products and prepare products and other items for shipment
- Inspect and test parts and products as necessary, during or after assembly, according to established guidelines and quality standards
- As part of a team you will practice problem solving and troubleshooting techniques, responsible for realizing continuous improvement to products and processes
- Test & calibrate equipment on site
- Pack, wrap and crate products for shipping
- Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of the workplace
- Perform any other related duties
- College diploma in industrial mechanics, electro-mechanical
- Technical school certificate or 3 years relevant experience in a production position
- A good understanding of assembly techniques and measurements
- Ability to work as part of a team within a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Timely execution
- Problem solving
- Strong sense of responsibility
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Assembly: 3 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical Assembly: 3 years (Required)