The Post-Harvest Supervisor is to oversee and coordinate the day to day post-harvest operations, including harvesting, drying, bucking, trimming, curing and bulk packaging.
As Supervisor, you will be leading assigned teams to meet production goals while maintaining a high-quality cannabis product consistent with management’s expectations. You will ensure that the staff is fully train on all Standard Operating Procedures. The Post-Harvest Supervisor must ensure compliance with all relevant Acts and regulations. You will be able to trouble shoot any issues in our ERP and BMS systems. You will be expected to be the catalyst at forming a high functioning team.
One strategic goal for Zenabis is to shift the Atholville facility to a GMP environment, you will help champion the transition for the Post Harvest operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Oversee the complete drying process and ensure the dried product meets required specifications
- Schedule all post-harvest activities to ensure a smooth work flow.
- Weigh, combine and manage bulk inventory containers, ensuring accurate weights.
- Assist in fulfillment and shipping during peak periods.
- Ability to learn new processes.
- Maintains a safe work environment by following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Able to communicate effectively with team members.
- Thorough understanding of company goals, objectives, policies and matters related to the business.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work variable shifts.
- Ability to act with tact, good judgment, and discretion; sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
- Other duties as assigned by Post Harvest Manager
- Post-secondary education in related field of Agriculture/Horticulture preferred
- Supervisory Experience – Must be able to schedule all activities to maximize efficiency.
- Must be able to safely operate and use assigned equipment and machinery.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
- Strong reading, writing and numeracy skills.
- Must be able to carry out often repetitive tasks at a continuously high level of quality.
- Willingness and flexibility to complete any task that may be required.
- Experience in a post-harvest or inventory management environment preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Security Clearance: Security Clearance may be required for this position.
Working Hours: Full-Time, Shift and weekend work may be necessary.
Physical Requirements: None
Zenabis is quickly becoming a key player in the rapidly growing Canadian cannabis industry. As a publicly traded company (TSX: ZENA) with over 30 years of experience in commercial agriculture, we have the potential to become one of the largest licensed producers of medical and adult-use cannabis in the world. We are a diverse and passionate team of doctors, scientists, cultivators, educators, and advocates with the same goal: to increase access to high quality cannabis products.
While headquartered in downtown Vancouver, Zenabis’ facilities are located coast to coast across Canada. As the reach of our products continues to expand nationwide and internationally, we are looking for exceptional talent to propel our company to the next level. Join us as we help build this budding industry! For more information, please visit: https://www.zenabis.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervising: 3 years (Required)