Pure Hothouse Foods, based in Leamington, ON is a premier grower and marketer of high quality greenhouse grown products to retail and foodservice partners throughout North America and marketed under the Pure Flavor® brand.
With a dedicated, energetic and highly skilled workforce, we believe our employees make the difference. We offer our employees the opportunity to advance their careers in our progressive, vibrant organization.
We are currently seeking 2-3 full-time Quality Inspectors to join our fast-growing organization.
*Job Summary: *
Under the Supervision of the Receiving Supervisor, assess and report on the quality of all vegetables received, in inventory and shipped from the facility. Ensure that all products shipped meet or exceed customer and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all loads of vegetables arriving throughout the through put processes are visually inspected
- Complete QC Inspection Reports for each arriving load
- Complete QC Inspection Reports for distressed loads, or any load we deem necessary
- Ensure all inventory is assessed and is categorized according to its quality and condition
- In the absence of the Receiving Supervisor, liaise with the shipping department and repack department & Director of Food Safety concerning any quality issues to be dealt with
- In the absence of the Receiving Supervisor, liaise with Sales Department on all quality issues, as well as report on general quality
- Ensure all proper food handling procedures and systems are being followed
- Ensure all aspects of “Food Safety” and “Health and Safety” are in compliance, within the scope of their activities
- Place and release quarantine / on-hold product
- Conduct outgoing quality checks and / or review the checks conducted by the shippers
- Perform outbound inspections on shipments
- Training on grading product customer specs on the repack lines, when requested or applicable
- Educate packing staff on required standards, when requested or where applicable
- Full understanding of customer specifications and requirements
- Regularly inspect finished product and packaging for adherence to standards, when requested or applicable
- Post-Secondary Education preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP and the PrimusGFS program
- Ability to communicate, both oral and written
- Ability to work alone or in groups
- Basic understanding of Food Safety
- Basic understanding of Health and safety
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic understanding of Fresh Fruit & Vegetable regulations, plus Consumer Packaging & Labeling requirements and standards
- Knowledge and experience of food quality characteristics of greenhouse vegetables
- Overtime hours required
- Cold environment where some heavy lifting is required
- Standing and sitting for an extended amount of time may be required
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to Pure Hothouse Foods today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Check us out at www.pure-flavor.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn.
Job Type: Full-time
- Produce: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quality Inspection: 1 year (Preferred)
- Leamington (Preferred)