1980 Baseline Rd, Ottawa, Ontario, K2C0C6
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
In this exciting role, you will:
Using your commitment to customer service and your passion for food, you will be accountable for the following:
- Programming, scheduling and booking of all Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore cooking school room usage and activities, which may include: adult and children's cooking classes, community events and meetings, in-store and in-company usage, business and corporate meetings, special events and parties and charity fundraisers
- Production of quarterly cooking school brochures which includes: brochure and program development - sourcing, scheduling and screen teachers, chefs and resource people
- Administration of community room operations
- Execution of cooking school operation within the store
- Promotion of cooking school activities (in-store cooking demos, in-store and community distribution of brochures, maintenance of signage and community calendar, implementation of in-store promotional and marketing activities, participation in community promotional activities where appropriate)
- Monitoring of cooking school facilities and equipment
- Maintenance of statistics as needed, including monthly reports, room user groups, successful or cancelled classes, class attendance, customer inquiries, evaluations, class food costs, etc
Here are just some of the things Loblaw Colleagues enjoy:
- Previous culinary experience (kitchen management and food preparation) a must
- Previous experience in event planning an asset
- Previous Marketing experience an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction while exercising mature judgment, prioritization and organizational skills
- 10% Colleague Discount Program on eligible products sold at Loblaw stores
- Opportunities for career growth
- Comprehensive training
- Helping you help others with our Volunteer Grant Program
All we need to continue our success is you.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.