Our company is a local producer of quality-based animal feed, servicing Ontario & Quebec through an established network of independent dealerships. Our primary focus is the equine community.
We welcome applications for a reliable and experienced Bookkeeper to manage our day-to-day accounting and financial requirements. In this role you'll also assist with basic office/retail responsibilities as required. The successful candidate will inherently possess exceptional organizational skills, accuracy and an intuition towards problem-solving and meeting deadlines. You'll be expected to assist our team with telephone and face-to-face interaction with our valued client base. Excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task and an empathetic approach to customer service are essential.
- Manage accounts receivable and payable
- Organize ledger entries on a daily basis and post financial data
- Prepare and match purchase orders with invoices
- Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances
- Reconcile monthly bank statement and review payroll records
- Prepare monthly remittances along with payroll, operating and business taxes
- Coordinate and distribute customer monthly statements
- Accounting certificate from an accredited institution (preferred)
- Experience using custom software applications
- Proficient with ADP payroll system
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in Outlook ~ MS Office
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A degree in Accounting or Business Administration is a definite asset
The qualified candidate who's able to fulfill our requirements will receive an experience-based, competitive salary. We appreciate all responses but only successful candidates will be notified.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)