Competition #TSA 2019-10
This is a permanent, full-time position for an individual who is a team player, has the ability to multi-task and be comfortable doing manual labour, as well as operating light industrial equipment.
The ideal candidate will have a Level 2 Water and Wastewater Operator’s Certificate with the Province of New Brunswick (or other jurisdiction) or the willingness to acquire the certification.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a water and wastewater plant.
- Be comfortable with computers in a MS-Windows environment and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in SCDA technologies.
- Class 5 License and a clean drivers abstract.
- Flexibility to work nights and week-ends, as the position requires.
Perform meter reading activities, including reading residential, commercial meters; perform special readings and re-reads.
- Clean and maintain lift stations and pumps.
- Perform cleaning and routine inspection and preventative maintenance of equipment and tools. Refer defects to supervisor.
- Assist public works crew with water main and lateral breaks.
- Receive, respond, investigate and resolve complaints regarding water leaks, pressure loss or no water; evaluate situation, report findings to supervisor.
- Notify residents and business owners in the areas where services will be disconnected or affected and provide anticipated time to expect services to be turned off and restored.
- Cut, fit, lay repairs, tap, clean and flush water mains, pipes, gate valves and fittings for repair of mains, services and installation of services.
- Maintain, repair and record maintenance of fire hydrants.
- Ensures all work performed in compliance with relevant standards, legislation and regulations.
- Daily testing and operation of the water and wastewater facilities in accordance with the New Brunswick Environment guidelines and operating permits.
- Provide information to customers related to utility operations in a professional manner.
- Performs utility location marking.
- Assists plumbing contractor with winterization of Town owned seasonal buildings and wharf.
- Inspect and clean water reservoirs.
- Maintain and test water and wastewater facility generators.
- Perform needed maintenance at Sewage Lift Stations, Wastewater Treatment Facility, Water Treatment Facility, and Water Storage Reservoir inspection check list forms.
Please submit resume, quoting competition #TSA 2019-10 by July 19, 2019 to: Town of Saint Andrews, 212 Water Street, Saint Andrews, NB E5B 1B4, Attention: Chris Spear, Acting CAO or to the e-mail address included.
We thank all applicants, but only those requested for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- water and wastewater plant: 3 years (Preferred)