Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Job Type: Permanent
Atlantis Transportation Services Inc. and ACI Air Cargo Inc. jointly are one of the leading freight handling companies in North America. They provide a high level of service to meet its customer-first philosophy retaining them many long-term national and international partnerships and client. Their vision is, to deliver the best service in the shortest time and at the most economical cost. Their customers rely on them to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of goods from producer to user. By offering superior quality and customer service within a corporate climate of innovation and enhanced efficiency, Atlantis Transportation Services Inc. and ACI Air Cargo Inc. are able to offer true value to all of their clients.
We are currently looking to recruit a Director of Finance to join our team at the Mississauga Location.
General Job Summary
The Director of Finance is responsible for oversight of maximizing return on financial assets by establishing policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. Is responsible for management of all finance, accounting, and reporting activities. The Director of Finance will lead all day-to-day finance operations and supervise a team including accounts payable, accounts receivable, Billing, and Payroll. The Director of Finance will ensure that proper systems and procedures are in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits. The Director of Finance must ensure that the finance and accounting procedures are performed in a way that maximizes company operations and minimizes costs to maintain competitive advantage.
· Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
· Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
· Best leverage the strengths of the financial team members, help clarify the roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs to support business objectives.
· Protect assets by establishing, monitoring & enforcing internal controls.
· Maintain financial staff job results by coaching, counselling and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establish personal networks, participating in professional societies.
· Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
· Creating and maintaining high-quality financial records.
· Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenues, costs, budgets, and actual expenditures.
· Reconcile all corporate bank accounts, monitor loan accounts and prepare necessary journal entries. Prepare and transmit weekly bank reports.
· Perform payroll retrievals into general ledger and enter any payroll accruals for month-end.
· Perform A/P and A/R month-end procedures and prepare month-end journal entries.
· Authorize and post all A/R and A/P entries ensuring consistency with proper G/L account and expensed in the correct period (including interface from TMW to Accpac or Nethris)
· Ensure that any write-offs/adjustments have proper authorization.
· Prepare year-end audit review & notice to reader working papers for various companies.
· Prepare HST, EHT, WSIB, CSST, QST and source deduction returns.
· Reports to Stats Canada, Industry Canada, Provincial annual returns.
· Assist in preparing annual US State tax returns which are done by external accountant.
· Prepare monthly financial statements for bank, Vice President and President (including covenant calculations).
· Prepare monthly departmental statements (actual vs. budget); status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data.
· Calculate monthly sales commissions.
· Other monthly reports: fuel surcharge analysis, customer ranking, round trip lane analysis
· Setting up monthly fuel surcharge rate for trucking and distributing to customers by email
· Support managers to prepare their own departmental budgets annually, establish schedules and facilitate with leaders; consolidate financial data-budgets, making recommendations.
· Monitoring USD & CAD exchange rates and hedging for currency exchange. Entering daily spot rates in TMW and Accpac
· T4’s, T5, T4 summary, EHT and WSIB annual reconciliations for companies
· Keeping all records for fleet insurance, bonds and certificates.
· Updating records, budgeting and setting up loans for capital purchases.
· Keep job knowledge current by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and participating in professional organizations.
· Assist the President & Vice-President on all financial matters and financial reporting.
Competency Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, other Attributes)
· Strong leadership & people management skills through supervising, providing feedback & monitoring or skills development.
· Managing process, drive for results
· Financial Software, developing standards.
· Excellent Audit & Accounting
· Excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
· Strong computer skills with expert knowledge of MS Office
· Ability to apply sound judgement to day-to-day processes & take initiative.
· Proficiency in conflict management & problem solving.
· Exceptional time management skills as well as organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure & meet deadlines.
· Proficient customer service skills & knowledge of customer service principles & practices
· Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically and influence business decisions using appropriate, fact-based financial information.
· Proven skills in creating efficiencies in accounting systems and processes
Education, Training, Experience Requirements
· BA in Business with an emphasis in Accounting.
· CPA designation required.
· Minimum 5 years related experience and/or training.
· Knowledge of TMW and Nethris is an asset.
. French is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $90,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Corporate finance: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person