This is an excellent oppportunity to work at a high end concierge site that aims to provide the best customer service around.
Join an established mature team of security professionals in an excellent location with a very sustainable work environment
- Ability to coach, counsel, discipline staff in a diplomatic manner.
- Ensure consistency is maintained as Property Management/Board requires.
- Assist and train new staff ensuring all expectations are met.
- Send weekly report of site events to the Managing Director, Operations Coordinator so that they are aware of any changes etc. should the Property Manager/Board Member contact them.
- Be available after hours by phone to support and assist your staff.
- Conduct regular inspections of your staff and submit all inspections to your Operations Coordinator (at minimum 2 inspections per month) Conduct regular employee reviews of your staff.
- Conduct regular employee reviews of the on site security staff.
- Attend regular supervisor meetings and training sessions at head office.
- Attend site outside of you regular hours as needed during emergency/urgent situations.
- Always act as a role model to your staff, consistently following site standing orders and iGuard employee handbook
- Work shifts at your site outside your regular hours as a last resort when shifts cannot be filled
- Monitor staff ensuring all IR’s, procedures etc. are being completed appropriately.
- Use the Video Management System (VMS) to conduct property patrols, monitor for motion and respond to intruders. The primary focus will be to discourage unauthorized entry to the property and be diligent in detecting unwanted activity.
- Monitor intercoms for entry and panic stations in parking facilities if applicable
- Monitor leak detection equipment
- Monitor kiosk ensuring service is always available
- Provide efficient and courteous access control for all residents and their guests. This includes monitoring of entrances by camera, monitoring telephone entry systems and where necessary checking identification and announcing guests to suite occupants.
- Monitor all systems installed on the property and report all apparent failures or defects
- Be alert always and respond quickly in the prescribed manner to any potential or real emergency that may endanger property or well-being of persons on the property.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct regular patrols of all areas both interior/exterior during your shift.
- In addition to scheduled patrols, alarm-based monitoring of all cameras will be conducted
- Conduct Stage 1 discipline with site employees. Keep detailed records of all disciplinary action.
- Verify all cameras are operational and in focus.
- Answer all calls, check voicemail to ensure all messages are dealt with
- Answer calls from the intercoms/panic stations and respond in the prescribed manner.
- Recording, logging and electronic reporting of all maintenance issues detected using the appropriate apps as instructed by Property Manager.
- Recording, logging and electronic reporting of all suspicious activities and/or incidents to property management.
- Response actions including dispatch of mobile and video evidence to authorities etc. as approved by property manager.
- Respond in the designated manner in the case of an emergency onsite.
- Pre/Post inspection for any reservations which include the party room and elevator
- Receive, log and notify residents of any parcels delivered including pick-up of parcel.
- Manage all contractors, visitor and parcel logs
- Work all statutory holidays as needed
- Inspection of visitor parking, ensuring NO residents are in violation, interact with City By-Law Enforcement for vehicle tagging/towing
- Must be comfortable working in a unionized environment.
- Minimum high school education, effective communication of the English Language both orally/written.
- At least 1 – 2 years’ Supervisor experience
- CCTV monitoring, ability to work in a fast pace environment and multi-task while assisting residents, contractors, visitors
- MUST be a team player and work with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit for extended periods of time throughout the shift
Application deadline: 2020-09-25
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $20.00 per year
For the safety of our employees and for yourself, we ask that face coverings (medical masks) be worn at all times that you are visiting our offices.