MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
DATA VERIFICATION AGENT
June 14, 2019
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one (1) full-time Data Verification Agent position within our Central Registry Office located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB.
- Review Citizenship files to verify all files are complete, accurate, and include required documentation;
- Flag and follow up on incomplete files;
- Check for authenticated genealogical requirements;
- Ensure contact information is current on file;
- Answer general inquiries relating to Citizenship;
- Work closely with the Registrars, Harvesting Data Officer and MMF Regional Citizenship Clerks;
- Provide assistance and guidance to the MMF Regional Offices;
- Travel to the MMF Regional Offices to complete these duties as required;
- Create queries within Microsoft Access database environment;
- Fulfill requests for information on Harvester or Citizenship stats;
- Maintain and update both electronic and hard copy filing systems;
- Perform clerical duties related to MMF Citizenship;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary Certificate or equivalent;
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in an office environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other database programs;
- Ability to create and maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems;
- Ability to work independently, in a team and with the public in a professional manner;
- Minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute;
- Demonstrated strong planning, organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to use judgement and initiative in dealing with workflow;
- Experience working with the Not-For-Profit Organizations, Boards, and Indigenous Community is an asset;
- Knowledge of genealogy, Metis culture, MMF programs and services; and
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants. Applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify on their cover letter/resume. Remuneration is based on education and experience.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes but not limited to: health and dental, life insurance, short term and long term disability as well as a pension plan. We also offer an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant.
Please forward a cover letter and resume by Friday, June 28, 2019. We thank all who apply; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
MMF Finance & Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email or Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job Type: Full-time