Welcome to the CWB Group - We are Welding! We recognize that our employees represent our greatest assets of skills and knowledge and we are committed to employee satisfaction throughout our divisions. We foster a positive work environment through respect and empowerment, and believe that honesty, integrity, and professionalism are the foundation of our relationships. Check all our career opportunities at: https://www.cwbgroup.org/about/careers.
CWB Group is the world leader in training material and related systems for skill trade – specifically within the welding and metal fabrications. With over 200 thousand pages of content, including our own patented simulation, immersive 3D and mobile elements, our Acorn training content is used in the majority of high schools and post-secondary institutes across Canada, with growing adoption in the US and Europe.
With a massive shortage of skilled tradespeople world-wide in the near future, the timing of this work is critical, as is making sure it addresses the needs of modern educators and students. As the national regulator for the welding and fabrication trade, the CWB Group, on behalf of industry we serve has undertaken the challenge. For the right candidate, this will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to help reset how trade education is provided here in Canada, as well as abroad for the foreseeable future.
Working as part of a highly talented team of Engineers, designers, illustrators, videographers, technical writers, translators and programmers you will:
- Help develop and deploy online and microlearning content for deployment on Acorn’s next generation learning platforms
- Brainstorm and develop better ways to deliver traditionally taught manual skills (i.e. things taught in shop classes)
- Work with the other product development team members to build out best-in-class learning incorporating 3D, video, VR and mobile elements.
- Provide learning content that is audience specific – from high school students, apprentices to post grad engineering, as well as content geared for those already in the trades.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- A creative mind, someone willing to explore new ideas but still has a strong commitment to details and deadlines
- A willingness to explore and learn about the trades we service, including getting your hands dirty from time to time
- 5+ years of instructional design, with significant experience in online course development, creation and deployment
- Solid Adobe CS, Captivate and Articulate skills
- The ability to manage and work through multiple projects in a highly matrixed organization
- A strong interest in technology, and a willingness to look beyond what is currently available
- Bilingual (French, Italian, or Spanish) wold be an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent