Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future! Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with the Life Sciences division at ATS Automation. Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
We attract some of the most talented and motivated individuals from a range of fields, with our global offering and growth opportunities as we expand on a global scale.
- Performs graduated Apprenticeship duties as assigned by Managers and Tool makers.
- All apprentices shall complete a 4 year, 8000 hour apprenticeship and receive their Certificate of Qualification.
- Learn how to machine, fit, assemble and build precision tooling, special purpose machinery and mechanical assemblies for robotic work cells and factory automation projects.
- Interprets drawings and other specifications to determine best practices, using knowledge of tool design and shop mathematics.
- Measures, marks and scribes metal stock to lay-out for machining.
- Prepares parts, using hand tools, milling machines, lathes, grinders, and other tool room equipment.
- Verifies dimensions and alignments, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gauges and gauge blocks.
- Machine details, applying tolerances on prints, understanding GD and T and where to apply
- Must be able to recognize function and relationship of all details within assemblies
- Use tracking system to move details as per routing sheet
- Bench assemble stations using assembly prints, test for function
- Able to use all tools involved in floor assembly
- Floor assemble stations onto cells using cell layouts, mount valve banks, complete pneumatics hosing, verify station alignment, able to complete all basic task associated with floor assembly
- Report any issues regarding fit function or design to the tool maker or manager
- Involved in integration of system, and may be asked to handle customer parts during debug and acceptance.
- Involved in tear down and ship
- Travel to customer sites as required.
- Involved with site installation and customer acceptance
- Rotate through the ATS apprenticeship training schedule and record all training.
- Attend and complete college training.
- Acquire tools to perform graduated tasks laid out in the apprenticeship program
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the ATS Code of Business Conduct and Employee Handbook.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
- A grade 12 diploma specializing in drafting and machine shop or equivalent.
- Requires a practical working knowledge of the operation of all toolroom equipment, an ability to read blueprints and a keen interest to learn Machine Tool Builder and Integrator.
Why Join ATS?
Be a part of a global organization that is a leader in its industry
Subsidized breakfast and lunch daily; free gourmet beverages - coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Plus, Treat Day is every other week!
Monthly “In-Chair Massage” clinic on-site with a Registered Massage Therapist
Ability to participate in a variety of charitable events
Social Club that offers BBQs and other social events throughout the year
Work with other bright, talented people and discover opportunities for professional growth
And much more!
ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.