Part Time, Contract Position (15 Hours/Week)
The PF Solutions - Event & Community Outreach Associate is responsible for running events as well as representing United Way Perth-Huron (UWPH) at community events. Based out of PF Solutions, the associate will operate within the practice firm; training and mentoring participants and supporting other practice firm initiatives as needed.
A PF Solutions - Event & Community Outreach Associate will be hired to do the following:
- Present formally and casually to large and small groups
- Represent UWPH at community events
- Event management of the Stratford-Perth Family Resource Expo
- Event Management of the KEYs (Keep Educating Yourself), non –profit professional development series
- Train practice firm participants on various administrative skills relating to events
- Lead/support community engagement on priority needs as required.
- Mentor and support practice firm participants during their training and work experience
- Support other work at the practice firm and UWPH as needed
- Management and support of other events as needed
Education and Experience
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate familiarity with and competency in the following:
- 1-3 years’ related experience (event planning, project management, volunteer management)
- Post-secondary diploma/degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Project management experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently demonstrating flexibility and the ability to multi-task adapting to shifting priorities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
- Previous administrative experience
- Experienced in public speaking
- Some training and mentorship experience
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills, with the ability to plan, set priorities, and meet timelines consistently.
- Respectful of confidentiality, and of the other requirements inherent within the role of representing the United Way, both at work and away
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualifications by
Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
The successful candidate will be expected to be in agreement with the mission and policies of UWPH. We thank all applicants for applying. However, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract