Shepherds of Good Hope has received funding from Canada Summer Jobs to hire summer students for 8 weeks 35 hours per week in our Business Evaluation Analytics Management department. These are non-union positions that will start at the end of May 2019. The scheduled shifts will be a combination of days and evenings during weekdays and weekends.
POSITION NUMBER: 2020-053
POSITION: Data and Research Clerk
Shepherds of Good Hope (SGH) is one of the largest not-for-profit organizations dedicated to meeting the needs of homeless and vulnerably-housed individuals in the city of Ottawa. Many individuals who access our programs and services live with trauma, mental health challenges and addictions. A leader in supportive housing and harm-reduction, Shepherds of Good Hope provides around-the-clock, comprehensive services to both women and men in multiple locations across the city of Ottawa. By offering innovative programs and services in a non-judgmental environment, we are creating a community for all through acceptance, compassion and care.
- Perform regular updating of Excel spreadsheets and databases
- Enter data and running reports using City of Ottawa’s HIFIS database
- Perform computerized and manual data quality checks
- Use Excel to perform data analysis and visualization (graphs and tables)
- Provide support to our Data and Research team in the implementation of new database software across the organization.
- Assist with other ongoing projects as needed.
- It is preferred that candidates have either successfully completed or are enrolled in programs in the fields of science and analytics including statistics, information and Data management in either College or University
- Experience in MS Power Apps (Power Automate, Power Bi, Sharepoint, etc)
- Experience in automating data extraction in MS Office (Word, Excel, etc)
- Candidates must be between 18 and 30 years old at start of employment.
- Candidates must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work according to provincial legislation and regulations.
- International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
- Candidates must be able to start immediately and work full duration of contract (35 hours a week for the full 8 weeks).
Shepherds of Good Hope is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of our clients, residents, employees and volunteers, including those with disabilities. Please inform if you require accommodation through the hiring process and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reference ID: 2020-053
Application deadline: 2020-07-12
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.50 per hour
- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)