The Care Group (“TCG”) offers high quality residential care services to complex care clients in seven homes throughout the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. Based in Coquitlam, we are a privately owned and operated that offers both subsidized and private pay care. TCG is a fast-growing company with great opportunities for motivated team members.
Our Values: We believe our residents deserve excellence in care and we strive to achieve this by working as a team towards our common goal – a happy and healthy resident.
We are looking for a Social Worker join our team in Sidney Care Home.
Why? We deliver person centered and best practice care in a respectful, caring and responsible manner by working together with our residents, their primary care givers, families, and The Fraser Health Authority and provide continuing education and coaching to our employees. If you enjoy working with the older population, in a positive team environment – then we are what you are looking for.
Shifts: flexible, 2 days a week
- working with individuals and families pre- and post- admission
- helping new residents to cope with the transition into residential care
- assisting residents and families to deal with grief, loss, life changes and depression
- working with the Complex Dementia care unit residents and staff
- liaising with the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee and the Ministry of Health
- interdisciplinary care planning and assessments
- contributing to annual care conference for each resident
- charting and documentation
- You have a current full registration with the BCCSW
- You communicate clearly
- You have an interest in working with frail or disabled adults and seniors
If you want to be a part of this strong and dedicated team, please submit your resume and we will contact you shortly!
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $0.00 per hour
- hospice: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19