Arrow Engineering Inc., a Division of Englobe, provides clients with the full complement of mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering for the building construction industry. Working throughout Western Canada and the North, our highly skilled team of engineers, technical, and support staff deliver effective, functional, innovative design solutions, across all markets. The result is great project outcomes for clients and sustainable environments for people.
Our Edmonton office is currently seeking a Project Manager / Designer for our Electrical Engineering division. As we continue to expand into an integrated engineering firm dedicated to providing building solutions for our clients, we are seeking responsible individuals who will enjoy working within a strong team based environment. If you are a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager, with electrical design experience, we encourage that you consider joining our team, and sharing in our continued growth and success.
Role and Responsibility
Providing guidance and support to Arrow’s Electrical engineering team, the Project Manager / Designer, Electrical has shared responsibility for the performance and success of our Electrical Engineering team, and firm, respectively. This position will report directly to the Senior Project Manager, work independently, and with minimal supervision, while working in collaboration with various colleagues and external partners. The Project Manager / Designer actively guides a professional team working on various electrical engineering projects represented by a broad range of client sectors. The work environment is of high volume, offering a range of project complexities and requires a high level of responsibility.
- Actively participates in all projects, providing guidance, client input/feedback, and general direction
- Working with the design team on the project, develops and monitors electrical design strategies for building construction to ensure efficient and sustainable project delivery
- Successfully develops relationships with clients, industry affiliates, engineers, technologists, technicians, and construction personnel
- Manages client relationships and project service delivery, actively participating in the entire project life cycle, from preliminary services through project implementation, and warranty
- Meet with clients regarding projects, progress reporting, and the resolution of issues, as required
- Coordinates the preparation of engineering specifications and drawings, quantity and cost estimates
- Responsible for ensuring the electrical drawings and specifications meet established project criteria and applicable standards
- Develops standards related to our electrical engineering practice, ensuring best practices for project management and delivery
- Utilization of industry specific software and related technologies in design and analysis
- Preparation of reports, proposals, and tender/bid submissions, budgets, project plans, and other supporting documentation, as required
- When necessary, involvement with a variety of agencies for project approvals and permitting
- Estimating and scheduling of projects, procurement of materials, and update / maintenance of company-related resources
A degree, diploma, or certification from a recognized post-secondary institution, in the area of electrical engineering (Engineering, CAD Design, Technologies, or Project Management). LEED Accreditation and experience with sustainable design initiatives is considered an asset.
5-10 years of experience in consulting electrical design engineering for buildings or equivalent experience and responsibilities is required. A comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel, along with AutoCAD drafting experience are required. Experience with Revit would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent communication, time management, multitasking, and detail orientation skills
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Effectively manages a variety of projects simultaneously
- Able to balance work and personal requirements
- Sense of humor
- Enjoys working in a professional office environment, with occasional client and site visits, and work outside of normal business hours
We value our members-the people who contribute to making our firm a success. As such, we offer a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits, and a great working atmosphere that affords everyone the potential for professional growth and personal development. We enjoy a culture that is respectful, trusting, and supportive, and as such understand the importance of work/life balance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19