Posting #: 035-2019
Department: Food & Beverage
Status: Full-Time and Part-Time
In this role, your primary responsibility is to produce menu items of the highest quality in accordance with recipes and standards as implemented by the Chef. You must adherence to specifications in a safe and sanitary manner and to oversee the kitchen functions to ensure a high caliber of internal and external customer service.
- Assist all aspects of buffet production and set up. Review function sheets for proper set-up and delivery times as assigned
- Assist in Pavilion outlet to prepare all menu items as per recipe standards
- Ability to establish and complete, finish prep/par level lists.
- Ensure proper rotation and storage of all food and related products
- Ensure kitchen operations are always clean and up to the highest standards by maintaining cleanliness and personally ensuring standards
- Report any concerns/issues related to the operation of the kitchen to the Kitchen Manager.
- Familiar with and always work in compliance of WHMIS, Occupational Health and Safety Codes, the Sanitation Code and Food Safety.
- Ensure quality and quantity of production for all food related products
- Cooking at all stations as assigned (fryer, grill, cold…etc.) or a combination of during slow business periods
- Assist with inventory of all food and related products at month end when required
- Suggest new methods of operation or product that will increase guest satisfaction and or reduce costs
- Will participate in ASI Food safety audit
- Any other duties assigned by Chef
The successful candidates will possess:
- A post-secondary education in a related field
- A minimum of (3) years kitchen experience
- Minimum (2) years supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and time management skills
- The ability to work evenings, weekends and shift work
- Safe food handling course, knife handling skills, and knowledge of HACCP
- The ability to obtain a Smart Serve Certification
- The ability to obtain a Gaming License with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
Elements Casino Mohawk is an equal opportunity employer. If your require accommodation for a disability at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- cook: 1 year (Preferred)