Applied Industrial Technologies is an extensive network of industrial distribution facilities located throughout Canada. We are currently seeking and have an immediate opening for a qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Millwright/Service Technician at our Edmonton, AB Shop location.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Work in a safe manner, lead by example and contribute to overall company safety
- Disassemble, inspect and repair rotating equipment and related components with a focus on gearboxes and power transmission equipment
- Complete failure analysis, documentation and quality measurements required to properly evaluate components required to complete repairs.
- Work in a team environment to efficiently achieve a high standard of quality and service to Applied’s extensive customer base
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following qualifications:
- Journeyman Millwright Certification (Alberta) or Red Seal Interprovincial Certification preferred.
- Apprentices with relevant shop experience will be considered
- Experience working in a rotating equipment maintenance, repair or fabrication environment an asset
- Service orientated with exposure to quality assurance and quality control.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply codes, standards, specifications, and drawings.
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office and ERP software (SAP preferred).
- Ability to prioritize and number of tasks and complete a variety of work assignments within structured deadlines.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail and strong root cause analysis skill.
- Ability to use both written and verbal skills to effectively communicate technical information.
Applied Industrial Technologies offers competitive salary, comprehensive group benefit plan, capped company matching RRSP contributions and ongoing opportunities for training and development.
Job Type: Full-time
- Journeymen Millwright (Preferred)