Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
About the position:
Are you a creative thinker who enjoys designing complex data models and data-centric solutions? Do you have passion for solving business problems in collaboration with technical and non-technical counterparts in an agile environment that blends the start-up spirit with the scale of an enterprise organization? If so, then the following position may be a great fit for you.
A key member of the Dayforce Architecture team, the Data Architect is going to be responsible for conceiving, designing and implementing data frameworks for the entire Dayforce R&D team. The Data Architect will collaborate with Developers, Product Managers and other stakeholders from many teams in order to reimagine our data models, data governance, and analytics. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in a technically challenging and rewarding role.
The Dayforce Architecture team is a team comprised of high caliber, hands-on software professionals who aim to provide technical leadership and stewardship of the Dayforce product. The team enables Dayforce HCM’s technical success by building performant, scalable and secure core components, frameworks, and customer-facing technical features, and by providing build processes, tools and expertise to enhance developer productivity. The team also enhances the maintainability and supportability of Dayforce HCM by building environment management and operational management applications and tools.
- Analyze, conceptualize and visualize data frameworks, drive definition of the data model for the product suite
- Collaborate and partner across teams inside and outside Dayforce Engineering to understand their needs and transform the way they leverage database/data lake/analytics and data science technologies
- Research, evaluate, design, and prototype solutions based on leading edge technologies
- Enable and deliver scalable SaaS enterprise architecture
- Lead change by finding innovative new ways to satisfy business needs through compelling data tools and frameworks
- Mentor other team members in data technologies
Our Ideal Candidate
- 8+ years of experience in data platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role
- We want someone who is a "builder" who can build up a data centre-of-excellence within a software company
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills - we need someone that is able to communicate and influence others within the organization
- Business acumen to conduct strategic discussions about business and technical challenges at an enterprise level with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience building complex and highly scalable SaaS solutions
- Deep understanding of cloud-based data capabilities in AWS or Azure
- Expertise in MS SQL Server, experience with Azure Advanced Analytics and Power BI
- Experience with various SQL and no-SQL technologies (Spark, Mongo), Apache tools and the ecosystem, including Flume, Kafka, Solr or others
- Experience developing in more than one object-oriented programming language is a bonus.
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.