***CONSTRUCTION BUILDING SUPPLY SALES EXPERIENCE REQUIRED***
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Sales Specialist will be the subject matter expert providing a customer centric experience for customers visiting the retail store. The primary function of the Sales Specialist is to serve as a subject matter expert by providing detailed product information to both customers and other IHL employees. The Sales Specialist is expected to maximize sales and margins by curating, pursuing, and contacting targeted customers, identifying, and exploring sales opportunities through asking questions, developing action plans for sales opportunities, call targets and directives.
This includes following up on sales and quotes, maintaining inventory levels to support sales, preparing sales transactions, planning and arranging deliveries, ensuring orders are sold and tracked, and continuously establishing relationships with new and building relationships with current customers.
The Sales Specialist is also responsible for providing excellent customer service through the daily execution of IHL’s customer service programs, proactively resolving root causes of customer issues, following up on completed orders to ensure customer satisfaction, and collaborating with other employees to assist customers as needed in locating, selecting, carrying, and loading merchandise in support of all customers with a focus on the pro customer.
As the Sales Specialist, it is expected that you will provide a fast and friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their immediate needs. In this capacity, you have an in-depth product knowledge of the Company’s product portfolio, providing information on product features and benefits and associated accessories.
Associates in this position are confident with greeting, qualifying and recommending and delivering a turnkey customer centric shopping experience while on site. Each associate has the responsibility of providing a safe working and shopping environment by following all safety policies & standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards & unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manager on Duty, and working safely as not to endanger themselves, co-workers, vendors, or customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
ENSURES CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
- Provides a fast and friendly customer centric selling experience.
- Direct customers to merchandise within the store.
- Answer customer inquiries suggest items and assist customers with product.
- Identify customer needs and cultivate effective sales strategies to connect with them through various products and materials offered.
- Assess the customer’s need for loading assistance, taking into consideration the merchandise being purchased as well as other environmental factors.
- Follow the standard checkout process to ensure fast checkout.
- Responsible for ensuring that respective till counts balance at the beginning and end of shift and ensures Till Log’s are completed daily.
- Ensures registers are not left unattended without logging off the register. Turning off the register light and securing the register lane.
- Advocates all non -conformities and ensures that all customer escalation matters are brought to the attention of the Manager on Duty.
- Monitors all entrances and exits, request proof of payment when necessary.
- Attend to all incoming calls from external customers by providing subject matter expertise relating to the inquiry.
- Identify add-ons and cross-selling opportunities to customers.
- Provide product knowledge to customers.
- Participate in product knowledge sessions.
- Ensure customers have a positive shopping experience.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in the company’s quarterly inventory count.
- Be aware of current promotions, sales, and flyers.
- Introduce promotions and opportunities to customers.
- Comply with policies and procedures regarding loss prevention, breakage of goods and health and safety.
- Parking lot maintenance – Cart collection.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Store Manager
- Executes sales process (greet, qualify, recommend, close, go the extra mile)
- Take Customers through the 7 step Sales process
- Suggest related items/services that customer may need
- Set and achieving personal sales goals
- Know how product stacks up to competition
- Give feedback to Manager about what is selling
- Ensures department is in-stock, clean, and shoppable
- Execute daily stock maintenance: all products are signed, displayed, and clean
- Ensure Flyer items are in stock
- Does light pack-down and pack out as necessary to remain in-stock
- Keep up on status of out of stocks and when product will be shipped
- Restock returns
- Assist with minor resets and cross merchandising as necessary (including end caps, displays and flyer items)
- Ensure that aisle end caps and counter promotions are clean, presentable, and in-stock
BUILDS SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Builds Personal skills and knowledge
- Learn at least one new thing each day
- Proactively seek knowledge on all products and services
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all products in department
MAINTAINS SAFETY, SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
- Follows all safety policies and procedures
- Ensure that aisles are safe
- Act as spotter when necessary
- Acts if other Associates are acting in an unsafe manner
- Acts to reduce shrink
- Treat all associates and customers with the respect policy in mind
- Accountability & Dependability
- Detail and Quality Orientation
- Provide Consultation
- Time Management
- Continual Learning
- Team Player
- Ethics & Integrity
- Technically Inclined
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
IHL promotes a mandatory PPE & Facial Coveting Policy for all employees and customers on site.
- Retail: 3 years (preferred)
- Construction Building Material: 3 years (preferred)
- Customer Service & Cross Selling: 3 years (preferred)