Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Wholesale Operations Co-op (Toronto)
Summer 2022 (May 2022 to August 2022)
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services.
This is a place where you’ll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Who we are:
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Operations plays an integral role in the client experience. As a Global Wholesale Operations intern, you will…
- Be supporting numerous products across numerous business lines
- Have an opportunity to gain hands-on learning experience within Operations trade lifecycle
- Have an opportunity to be placed specifically in one of the following functional areas:
- Clearing & Settlements
- Middle Office
- Operations Control
- Lending Services
- Operational & Process Improvement
- Have access to the Global Banking and Markets Learning Program – frequent interactive learning sessions led by our experienced professionals
- Participate in our Mentoring program where you will be teamed-up with a mentor who will serve as a guide for professional and personal development over the course of the summer
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge in the financial markets
- Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to overcome challenges presented by a constantly changing work environment
- A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts
- A high level of attention to detail
- High professional standards
How do I Apply?
For students, we believe evaluating you through relationships over resumes, and we are focused on learning about who you are and what you’re interested in to uncover your true potential. In short, we don’t believe resumes will provide us with an accurate depiction of what you’re truly about in order to properly assess your potential. Instead, we want to get to know YOU and hear about your experiences that have shaped you. We know… this might sound crazy but we do not want you to submit your resume. Instead, we ask that as part of your application, you complete the steps below:
1) Complete your PLUM Profile here
2) Complete a very short one-way video interview by clicking here (if you have already done this, you don't need to do it again)
3) Apply to the role through our career site! When the application asks for your resume, please attach a screenshot of your PLUM and your most recent transcript. We have full access to your entire profile from PLUM, but this is a great reminder to complete it.
You do not need to complete your PLUM profile or video interview multiple times if you are applying to multiple positions. Also, we have full access to your entire profile from Plum and won’t use the screenshot but it’s a great reminder for each of you to have completed it.
We thank you all for your interest in Scotiabank! However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
**In order to be considered for student opportunities at Scotiabank and/or Tangerine, you must submit your PLUM Assessment and Video Interview. **
Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.