The Account Manager, Hotel Programs (Maternity Coverage) is responsible for building & maintaining strong relationships with hotel partners within their designated region. The position is a mix of account relationship management, marketing, and sales. The ideal candidate will have luxury travel industry experience, preferably with a company engaged in online e-commerce working in the travel/hotel industry.
- Build, create and maintain on-going relationships with assigned hotels through phone, email or in person site visits. Be the point of contact for any account related inquiries.
- Manage accounts in assigned regions to promote Kiwi Collection and our programs. Educate hotel personnel on the benefit of participating in Kiwi Collection’s various programs.
- Engage assigned hotel partners with the objective to attain and exceed Kiwi Collection’s goals and objectives.
- Responsible for securing annual agreements with hotels participating in Kiwi Collection’s programs.
- Support marketing initiatives, including content for newsletters, blog, social media, and special campaign requests in coordination with the marketing department
- Arrange for approved annual hotel site visits to hotels within assigned region. Manage follow up and post –stay internal processes.
- Communicate regularly with Area Regional Directors, providing new hotel leads, contacts, area insights, and competitive information.
- Participate in collaborative meetings with various internal departments including; distribution, customer service, marketing, accounting, and corporate as required.
- Support inter-departmental requests affecting accounts in assigned region. Communicate changes with accounts to internal departments.
- Achieve/Exceed quarterly targets.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve issues affecting accounts, finding ways to resolve issues and promoting Kiwi Collection’s marketing opportunities.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Graduate from a Travel and Tourism program
- Minimum 3 years working at or with a luxury hotel
- Passionate about the travel industry
- Proven ability to self-motivate, exceed goals and meet timelines/ “self-manage and meet targets”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate with hotels at all levels including General Managers, DOSMs and Account Managers
- Able to travel as required to destinations of responsibility
- Ability to negotiate and “close” a sale
- Additional languages are preferred
- Outgoing in nature and confident at networking events and business social situations
- Be available and willing to work a variety of business hours to support a global clientele (early mornings, late evenings)
- Be a team player and contribute to the overall success of the department and company
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Luxury Travel Industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Account Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Greater Vancouver (Required)