We are currently looking for a Maintenance Supervisor who will support maintenance personnel and be responsible for the maintenance, installation and repair of plant equipment and machinery.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who repair and maintain industrial machinery and equipment and other electrical equipment
- Implement and coordinate preventative and predictive maintenance activities
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Create budgets and manage purchasing controls for repair and maintenance costs.
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Ensure that standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Direct and supervise unionized millwrights and electricians.
- Responsible for monthly safety meetings and upholding Safety and Environmental programs are in compliance with Company Policy and Provincial/Federal regulations.
- Interprovincial (Red Seal) Heavy Duty Mechanic or Millwright certification
- 5+ years’ experience in supervision, experience supervising a unionized workforce is an asset
- 3+ years’ experience in an industrial or quarry environment
- Experience creating, managing and directing maintenance programs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- industrial or quarry: 3 years (Required)
- supervision: 5 years (Required)
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic or Millwright (Required)