Reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance, the Extraction Technician will assist with the production of high quality cannabis extracts along with cleaning and maintaining laboratory and equipment, recording and entering data, and associated tasks.
Detail of Responsibilities
- Preparing equipment and cannabis flower/plant material for extraction.
- Perform extraction and related processes using some or all of following materials/techniques; ethanol, butane, CO2 and heat and pressure.
- Operate and manage extraction equipment while following Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain extraction operations by keeping detailed notes and logs.
- Assist with the set up of equipment daily
- Maintain accountability and inventory of all raw materials, finished products, and by-products
- Maintaining inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment, and preparing requisitions as needed.
- Apply scientific techniques, procedures, or methodologies to complete tasks
- Storing supplies and equipment, disposing of waste according to SOPs; keeping work area immaculate.
- Performing clerical work related to laboratory activities: record keeping and filing.
- Ability to resolve any conflict respectfully and in a timely manner, addressing and resolving problems in order to create a culture of engagement and high-performance.
- Supports the organization by ensuring operational efficiency by implementing and constantly improving cost reduction strategies.
- Investigating all adverse events, errors and complaints; documenting investigations and determining the root cause.
- Partner with R&D to identify research areas that could lead to the development of new products.
The ideal candidate has deep technical knowledge of extraction methods and techniques, and a passion for cannabis extracts. They should also have experience in leadership roles and the business acumen.
- Prior Cannabis or Laboratory experience (required).
- A minimum 2 years of experience in cannabis extraction (preferred).
- Knowledge of chemical extraction and distillation/refining theory
- Experience with extraction, preparation, and purification of cannabinoids
- A bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field.
- Must be willing and able to follow Standard Operating Procedures accurately and experience in this area is preferred.
- Experience with detailed record keeping, proper labeling and data tracking
- Solid computer skills, including Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Calendar)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth understanding of regulatory cannabis compliance
- Ability to work with a small team in a laboratory setting and to work independently in a continually changing environment.
- Must be Detail-Oriented. We're in a highly-regulated industry and getting things right is essential.
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently.
- Demonstration of solid math/reasoning skills, and takes initiative when performing their daily tasks.
- Must have excellent attendance and professionalism.
- Requires ability to lift, walk, stoop, bend, reach, extend, and crouch and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Motivated and self-driven
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Occasional business travel
- Subject to a background police check per Canadian Cannabis Regulation requirements.
About GreenLeaf Productions Inc.
GreenLeaf Productions Inc. is a cannabis extraction company providing customized cannabis oil extraction services for Canadian cannabis and hemp producers. Using a state of the art and proprietary extraction technology, GreenLeaf Productions Inc. provides a superior yield with the clarity, colour and purity customers look for. By employing emerging technologies, GreenLeaf Productions Inc. expects to process biomass at a volume which is unseen in Canada today, all while maintaining a top-quality product.
GreenLeaf’s extraction process will be able to create custom THC, CBD and terpene blends that are specifically tailored to the requirements of their customers: cannabis producers, industrial hemp farmers, product manufacturers, researchers, retailers and exporters regulated under the Canadian framework.
Job Type: Full-time