Our client, Market Recon, is Canada's premier shopper marketing and education company. They have an exciting opportunity for an outgoing individual to join one of their high-profile clients, Dr. Oetker, as an experienced Territory Sales & Marketing Representative for the Fraser Valley.
The ideal candidate will work and live in the assigned area which spans from Coquitlam to Chilliwack. We anticipate this role to be 90% working within your assigned territory and surrounding area and 10% from your home office. You will require a valid driver’s license, a clean abstract and your own reliable transportation.
During the current COVID 19 crisis, this position has been deemed essential as it supports the grocery/food chain. We are actively hiring for this role. All interviews will be conducted by phone. Market Recon provides and allows expenses incurred in the purchase and use of PPE during the execution of this work.
Hours: 40 hours, Monday through Friday (no evenings or weekends!)
Base Starting Range: $43,000 to $46,000 plus cell allowance, car allowance and sales bonus!
- Responsible for managing and executing marketing/sales strategy in a specific territory of grocery and retail locations on a daily basis
- Accountable for communicating and supporting account promotions; including building displays, upselling orders and ensuring account and marketing programs are execute
- Ensure operational excellence through management of call cycle, frequency, coverage, and time in call
- Deliver weekly program objectives from preparation, to in field execution and handheld reporting
- Present, promote and sell in innovation products and brand awareness programs (i.e campaigns, demo programs)
- Build brand presence through interactions with department managers and decision makers
- Meet weekly, monthly and quarterly sales program quotas (display, items in display, distribution, upselling)
- Train stores on the goals and objectives of the retail program
- Maintain strong relationships with store personnel
- Create a positive and engaging experience between the consumer and brand
- Provide feedback to District Manager
- Minimum 1 year sales experience in retail industry, B2B or B2C is required
- University or College education; Marketing/Business /Communication major is preferred
- Experience dealing with key Canadian Grocery and Retailers an asset
- Assertive selling, upselling and negotiation skills
- Merchandising and Auditing experience is an asset
- Physically demanding as you will be lifting heavy items and going in and out of store freezers.
- Excellent relationship and persuasive verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, organization and the ability to prioritize and multi task
- Ability to be adaptable and work independently with minimal supervision
- Well organized, have the ability to take charge
- Technology savvy and computer literate, including being comfortable using digital technology, cloud-based applications, handheld devices (tablet, camera, etc.)
- Available to travel within the assigned market (Fraser Valley)
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract
- Full background check is a required
We are assisting our client with the initial screening of candidates. The candidates that will be selected to move forward will be contacted, via email, to schedule a phone interview. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity as well as in the company.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $43,000.00-$46,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- merchandising: 1 year (Preferred)
- retail sales: 1 year (Required)