Applications are invited from qualified individuals to fill the following position:
Permanent Full-Time Quality Coordinator
NBRHC – North Bay Campus
The Quality Coordinator reports to the Director, Mental Health and works with the respective functional teams in the MH Portfolio to support quality improvement initiatives under the philosophy of More Time to Care and in alignment with the Strategic Plan. The Quality Coordinator works collaboratively with the Extended Senior Leadership Team, physicians, program leaders/teams and patients/families to make successful transformational changes by facilitating group discussions, analysing current business process and work flows, identifying opportunities for improvement and by designing, developing, testing and implementing change ideas through the application of leading-edge quality improvement strategies and techniques. In addition, the individual will be responsible for reviewing adverse events/near misses and making systemic recommendations to mitigate risk, enhance safety, improve quality and support the implementation of these recommendations.
The position requires a highly versatile, energized, and self-motivated individual. Experience and/or training in lean management, project facilitation, researching best practices, data analysis, critical incident management, risk assessment, patient/family engagement, and accreditation would prepare someone to move into this challenging and rewarding role.
- A bachelor’s degree in health, administration, health planning or business administration, and/or equivalent education and experience with a minimum five (5) years in healthcare environment.
- Current membership with regulated professional college preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with an ability to influence and negotiate at all levels, internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership, change management, problem solving, critical thinking, conflict resolution, team building, and communication skills.
- Must be able to support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events in our organization.
- Experience, knowledge and active involvement in leading/implementing quality improvement initiatives/projects are an asset.
- Experience in coordinating institutional efforts to achieve accreditation status and meet the standards of the required organizational practices.
- Certification in Lean/Six Sigma/PMP/Simplexity (Creative Problem Solving) is an asset.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required.
- Good attendance and work record required
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check:
recent within three (3) months is a requirement
For an opportunity to be part of our exciting future, please submit your
resume and covering letter quoting File NU MH-20-016 Quality Coordinator
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest.
An acknowledgement will be sent only to those candidates who will be interviewed.
North Bay Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time