What does WestRock do?
WestRock is a leading provider of differentiated paper and packaging solutions to customers across the globe. Have you ever ordered pizza that arrived hot and fresh at your doorstep, or an item online that you were excited to receive and open? If so, there is a good chance that the cardboard box it came in was made in one of our WestRock facilities. If you are looking for a rewarding career at a company that provides room for growth, has safety and sustainability built into its DNA, and values diversity and inclusion, then you have come to the right place.
Production Workers working in our clean manufacturing facility are the key to ensuring quality cardboard boxes are produced for our customers.
Working as a team, you are responsible for the daily production of quality corrugated products in a safe and efficient manner. You will demonstrate attention to detail by ensuring order specs and special requirements are accurately followed and perform quality checks according to WestRock’s production requirements.
The daily physical requirements included stair climbing, repetitive heavy lifting, squatting, pushing, pulling, lifting, moving, stacking cardboard through various machines. Must be able to tolerate hot temperatures in the summer months.
To be considered for this position, you must be able to work Monday – Friday, 8-hours per day with a weekly rotating shift; midnights 11:00 pm – 7:00 am; afternoons 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm and days 7:00 am – 3:00 pm.
All successful applicants must be able to provide a satisfactory criminal background check, pre-employment medical and a Clear Drug Test.
Why work with WestRock:
· Starting wage $16.81/hour
· Wages increase following successful completion of probation period; 720 hours to $19.08/hr
· Wages opportunity up to $26.56/hr as your career progresses as a Production Worker
· Shift premium for hours worked on afternoon and midnight shifts
· Benefits following completion probationary period
· Pension plan after six months of employment
· An Employer that cares about your health and safety and follows best disinfecting and social distancing practices
· Training opportunities to work on different machines. Click here to connect our people with our products
· A management team committed to WestRock's values of Respect, Accountability, Integrity and Excellence
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work. Click here to find out more about our commitment to sustainability.
What you need to work at WestRock:
· High school diploma
· Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment is an asset
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Have basic math skills and are mechanically inclined
· Physically fit
· Able to work shifts with a weekly rotation
As a global company, you will find our boxes worldwide! Next time you get a box, turn it around and see if you can find the WestRock stamp!
Please apply to www.westrock.com/careers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $16.81 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Are you able to lift, push or pull 50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk and bend throughout the entire shift with or without reasonable accommodation?
- * This facility is not climate controlled – hot/humid in the summer / cold in the fall/winter. We do have heat and fans throughout the plants, but do you have any concerns working in this type of environment?
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
- Overnight Shift (required)