Reporting to the VP Operations, the Formulations Manager’s role is to ensure the Formulations team manufactures high quality solid dose products in a safe and cost-effective manner. The Formulations Manager is responsible for the dispensing, compounding, compression, tablet coating and equipment cleaning operations within the Arnprior facility.
- Owner of the entire Formulations value stream - from Formulation through Packaging.
- Accountable for all aspects of safety, quality and productivity for Formulations team.
- Ensures the manufacture of quality products in a Customer Service oriented environment.
- Ensures the execution of short and long term production plans, in accordance with Pillar5 Key Performance Indicators
- Participates in audits and ensures compliance to GMP and customer guidelines.
- Coordinates investigations, including root cause analyses and corrective/preventative actions.
- Promotes a continuous improvement environment by facilitating initiatives to improve Operational Excellence.
- Supports the use of Six Sigma and LEAN Manufacturing programs to improve product quality, reduce product cycle times, and improve product yields.
- Supports all new product launches to ensure product is available according to targeting timelines.
- Ensures departmental compliance with Health and Safety guidelines.
- Assists in delivering the operations budget and plan according to an approved schedule.
- Ensures Formulations SOPs are current and compliant.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- University degree in Science/Engineering. Other combinations of education and relevant experience will be considered.
- Minimum 2 years leading Formulation/Solid Dose manufacturing teams.
- Demonstrated background hitting/exceeding delivery goals.
- Background fostering a continuous improvement mindset within the team.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and create high engagement work culture.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Act – more importantly, can create an environment of safety for all team members.
- Thorough knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications – MRP systems such as SAP.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pharma Manufacturing: 4 years (Required)