Digital Finance Institute
About Digital Finance Institute: The Digital Finance Institute is Canada’s leading think tank for Financial Technology and AI.
Location: Downtown Toronto
Hours: Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm
Term: 3 Months
Disclaimer: This is a volunteer opportunity, please only apply if you are comfortable volunteering.
The Digital Finance Institute is think tank that focusses on financial technology, artificial intelligence, responsible innovation and women in tech. This is an opportunity to gain valuable experience in an open and receptive start-up environment. Due to the nature of startup work environments, the job tasks may frequently change and require adapting, bringing forward new and exciting challenges.
We are currently hiring 1-2 research interns to assist with company operations, this position is ideal for a university/coop student, or recent graduate looking for a full-time internship position in the finance and technology industry. Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with day-to-day company operations
- Providing support to our company executives
- Conducting business research
- Assisting with research for written research projects
- Writing and editing research projects
- Taking on individual research projects
- Working on group research and writing assignments
- Participating in daily tasks
- Running basic office errands
- Updating past reports (design or data entry, as required)
- Bachelor's degree or currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent
- Thrives as a team player in a fast-paced, high-energy, change-oriented environment
- Strong skills with software such as Microsoft Office and Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ideal candidate has some coding experience and can assist with ongoing development projects
Job Type: Contract/Internship/Volunteer
Job Location: Toronto, ON
Required education: Bachelor's Degree (in progress or completed)
Job Types: Full-time, Internship, Contract
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Required)
- English (Required)
- Mandarin (Preferred)