The Associate Insurance Advisor is a key player in the support and development of the agency operation primarily through the sales and service of The Co-operators personal lines products (Auto and Home insurance) and provide support for additional product lines (Commercial insurance).
What you’re responsible for:
- Sales, service and profitable growth of personal lines insurance products.
- Advise and recommend coverages and policies that best meet client needs.
- Prospect and cross sell by identifying and recommending additional products/services that benefit the client.
- Complete front-line risk assessment and selection following underwriting guidelines.
- Identify which risks require inspections and re-inspections. May be required to complete inspections.
- Achieve individual goals for client service, sales, quality and productivity.
- Support programs to build multi-client relationships.
- Respond to client questions and concerns, resolve customer complaints and escalate issues appropriately.
What to expect:
- Strict confidentiality with respect to client’s financial status and other personal information.??
- This role involves direct contact with clients and/or service providers in their environment.??
- You may be required have your own vehicle, valid driver’s license and insurance.???
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.?
To be successful:
- You remain focused and optimistic in the pursuit of a goal, despite barriers, until the objective is achieved and effectively manage your time in the quest of client satisfaction.
- You leverage information about client’s needs and situations to qualify sales opportunities and exhibit strong communication skills that allow you to clearly convey messages.
- You are committed to continuous improvement and building productive client relationships in order to exceed client expectations.?
- You’re an effective team player and provide guidance to support the development of your peers.
To join our team:
- One (1) year sales and service experience or related insurance experience is preferred.
- General Insurance License is required or must obtain within one (1) month.
- Meet all provincial-licensing requirements in accordance with continuing education in order to obtain and maintain all licenses.
- Knowledge of auto and property insurance products is preferred and experience with selling techniques is preferred.
What we offer:
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Employers.?
- Opportunities to give back to your community.?
- A competitive compensation package and benefits.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- insurance: 1 year (Required)
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)
- Level 1 insurance (Required)