Our firm, Hammerberg Lawyers LLP, is currently seeking an Intermediate Legal Administrative Assistant to join our personal injury department.
Responsibilities of role will include:
- Interacting with clients, insurance adjusters, opposing counsel, medical practitioners, etc.;
- Requesting medical documents, employment documents, and all other supporting documents;
- Setting client appointments;
- Drafting LOD’s, letters to medical practitioners, and other court documents as necessary;
- Trial prep as necessary;
- Management of Part VII benefits;
- General management of personal injury files and other duties as required by Partner.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 1.5 years’ experience as an LAA in a busy litigation practice, experience in plaintiff personal injury would prove to be a major asset;
- Successful completion of an LAA certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution;
- The ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines;
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced environment;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team setting.
What we offer:
- A welcoming and congenial work environment;
- Busy firm social calendar including events such as: weekly Friday social, holiday party, summer picnic, spring event, annual staff appreciation event, charity runs, fitness challenges and multiple charitable events/initiatives;
- Excellent opportunity for personal and professional development;
- Competitive remuneration and discretionary annual bonuses;
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, extended health and dental coverage for staff and their families, Employee Assistance Program and Health Care Spending Account;
- Disability benefits including: long term disability, accidental death & dismemberment and life insurance;
- Tuition reimbursement for eligible post-secondary courses;
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Legal Administrative Assistant: 3 years (Preferred)