For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Accounts Payable Analyst
Full Time, Term (16 Months)
Starting $36, 519
September 18th, 2021
Referral Bonus Eligible Amount:
We currently have a position opening for an enthusiastic, self-directed individual within the Finance team for an Accounts Payable Clerk. Reporting to the Team Leader – Payroll and Accounts Payable, the successful candidate will be responsible for processing and payment of invoices and employee expense reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviewing employees’ expense reports and invoices by ensuring that expenses have proper approvals and coding, prior to keying into accounting software;
- Accurately processing cheques and EFT’s based on scheduled runs;
- Processing direct billing invoices from our preferred travel carriers;
- Processing credit card payments while ensuring proper authorization and coding;
- Responding to internal and external inquiries in a timely and professional manner;
- Provide support to the payroll function;
- Participating in special finance projects.
Post-secondary education in business or accounting and/or equivalent work experience.
Previous experience in an Accounts Payable function will be considered an asset.
- Results oriented with the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment while maintaining high attention to detail;
- Self-motivation with the ability to work well both independently and with others.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and strong technical abilities, including: proficiency in spreadsheet preparation the ability to operate within a computerized accounting environment.
Bilingualism is not required but is considered an asset.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
In order to keep our employees, candidates, and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our employees are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding and most work takes place remotely at this time. For those employees who must work in our offices, we have taken every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our people by providing strict protocols/practices to meet legislated client and company needs, as well as modifications to the worksites to mitigate the risks for everyone's protection.
Accounts Payable, Payroll, Finance