The park manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the Regional Park and golf course. They must maintain regular effective communication with the park board and office for planning events and park maintenance. They are the liaison between the board and the park employees. The manager must be able to train and develop park employees, providing them with direction as needed. The ability to sustain a high standard of customer service and public safety is important. The park manager is the immediate supervisor of the park and employees, and the organizer of park events. They work unsupervised and must be willing and able to take direction and advice from the board.
- Create employee schedules and ensure proper staffing, addressing issues as needed.
- Employee supervision, and training
- Organize contractors and events on advice of the board
- Deal with public in a respectful manner when problems arise
- Maintain park facilities as needed and directed by the board (washrooms, water treatment plant, etc.)
- Ensure that all park equipment and vehicles are kept clean, safe and functional.
- Supervise the maintenance of the park grounds (lawn mowing, garbage removal, etc.)
- Order supplies as needed for the daily operations of the park/ golf course/ concession throughout the season
- Submit water tests to the office
- Know the emergency procedures of the park and ensure that all employees are familiar with the emergency procedures.
- Ensure that all statistical information is submitted to the office promptly around month end.
- Monitor cash handling processes
- Engage with park users to gather feedback and identify ways to improve the park.
- Act as park host
- Coordinate start-up and shut down tasks at the beginning and end of each season
- Maintain logs and reports
- Attend board meetings
- Safely deliver cash to the office for deposit.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to supervise and direct employees as needed
- Customer service
- Able to work with little or no supervision
- Problem solving
- Planning and event coordination
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Required)