The Receptionist is responsible for receiving and directing visitors and inquiries, relaying and coordinating resident and staff messages.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Answer telephone, greet visitors, receive routine inquiries in person and by phone, relaying calls and messages to the appropriate personnel.
- Interact with and respond to inquiries of residents and visitors, re-direct as necessary.
- Receive incoming mail, co-ordinate distribution, and process outgoing mail.
- Administer and account for miscellaneous resident charges and cash
- Process admissions, discharges, temporary absences, etc. on required forms and lists
- Receive and process payment from residents as well as charges to guest or resident accounts; receive and process funds for visitor meals
- Complete data entry, typing and other administrative tasks as required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, with ability to work in a manner that will maintain the spirit, dignity and individuality of each resident and work cooperatively with other staff members.
- Detail oriented, with accurate data entry skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and interruptions effectively.
- Previous related experience in a similar setting preferred.
- Grade 12 or equivalent general education.
- Sound computer expertise including Microsoft Office.
- Must be available to work early evenings, and weekends, as required to meet operational needs.