WHO WE ARE:
Laser Quest, a division of Versent Corporation ULC, is the world’s leading laser tag operation, with 42 corporately owned and operated Centres in North America. Internationally, there are more than 70 other licensed locations making us the world’s largest company in the laser tag industry.
Since 1989, Laser Quest has been putting smiles on the faces of players, both young and young at heart. Laser Quest combines the classic games of tag and hide and seek with a high-tech twist. Players score points by tagging their opponents with a laser beam, in a large, multi-level arena, featuring specialty lighting, fog, and great music. We host birthdays, corporate groups, sports teams, schools, etc. Laser Quest is in the business of fun, and that means for our Employees as well as our Customers. We believe in celebrating successes and recognizing performance.
We are looking for a Part-Time Technical Support Help Desk Analyst at our Home Office location in Mississauga, Ontario to assist the Information Systems and Tech Support Team in supporting the Laser Quest business.
This position is responsible for the delivery of front line Technical Support to the Laser Quest and Versent users via the Technical Support Center (TSC). Due to the unpredictable nature of support requests, the person in this position must be able to work in a fast paced environment. This position is required to be fully knowledgeable about Laser Quest Operations and Technical Support of all proprietary equipment.
- Primary delivery of front line technical support through the TSC Helpdesk
- Delivery of 24/7/365 emergency technical support (TSC Hotline, primary pager)
- Test, integrate and stage computers
- Research equipment, suppliers and service providers as needed
- Place orders with Versent Manufacturing and external suppliers as needed
- Deliver one on one computer and technical training during phone training sessions.
- Update technical documentation in cooperation with Subject Matter Experts (in-Team or external)
- Document new technical procedures as required
- Assist during in-field projects as needed, e.g. equipment installation at Laser Quest Centres
- Other projects as assigned
- At least one year experience in a similar Help Desk environment
- Possess outstanding interpersonal, connectivity and customer service skills with a pleasant telephone disposition
- Be able to effectively communicate with customers and demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills
- You must be available for Part-Time hours, during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, daytime hours)
Equally important as technical skills is the ability to integrate into this small, yet dynamic Help Desk Team seamlessly. You're not just any IT professional, you're one that enjoys working hard, playing hard and creating extraordinary IT experiences for your clients/customer groups.
Become part of a Team of dedicated professionals, enjoy a great caring company culture while receiving a competitive compensation package!
Our work environment includes private spaces, a think tank, on-site workout room and a really large lunch room where employees enjoy getting together to have fun and celebrate.
Versent is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
While your interest is appreciated, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
- Help Desk/Technical Support: 2 years (Required)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)
- English (Required)