The Care Group (“TCG”) offers high quality residential care services to complex care clients in seven homes throughout the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. Based in Coquitlam, we are a privately owned and operated assisted living and complex care provider that offers both subsidized and private pay care. TCG is a fast-growing company with great opportunities for motivated team members.
Our Vision: To provide our residents with excellent care and quality of life
Our Mission: To deliver person centered and best practice care in a respectful, caring and responsible manner by working together with our residents, their primary care givers, families, community partners, and local health authorities.
Our Values: We believe our residents deserve excellence in care and we strive to achieve this by working as a team towards our common goal – a happy and healthy resident. We place the highest value on providing:
1. Respect for the individual and his/her rights
2. Quality of life and environment
3. Independence and choice
4. Collaboration with family and caregivers
5. Accountability and integrity
6. Development and support of great caregivers and team members
We are looking for Licensed Practical Nurses to join our The Gardens at Qualicum Beach team in Qualicum Beach, B.C.
What is in for you?
based on years in the industry from $27.23 – $30.01; during the Covid-19 pandemic the rate of pay is $28.15 – $32.02 (temporary, wage leveled incentive)
Beyond the perks that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider we offer opportunities for advanced learning and professional development, monthly staff recognition awards and events, staff wellness programs, matched RRSP, 8 paid days off per year with full time employment, comprehensive benefit package including extended medical.
Shifts: LPN F/T; 4 on 2 off; shifts are 0700-1500 week 1 and 1500-2300 week 2
LPN Casual shifts are 0700-1500 and 1500-2300; up to 37.5 hours offered per week
- Resident admissions, discharges and transfers
- Resident assessments and care planning
- Administration of medications, treatments and wound care
- Working with electronic documentation (PointClickCare) and MDS Assessments
- Liaises with physicians, families and other members of the care team
- Delegates tasks to unregulated care providers
- Participates in Care Conferences and Medication reviews.
- Registered and in good standing with BCCNP
- Current CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Competent in electronic documentation and EMar
- Fluent in English both verbal and written
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Previous experience in Long Term Care Preferred
Retirement Living in Qualicum Beach includes independent,assisted living and residential care. The Gardens at Qualicum Beach is retirement living the picturesque beauty of Qualicum Beach, surrounded by colourful gardens, a lagoon and in the heart of town with shopping, golfing, dining and beaches nearby. As a premier residence, we provide three levels of care for seniors of all walks of life, from independent living to complex care. We are dedicated to our “resident-focused” philosophy and we strive to make you feel at home. With our personalized care and support, we have created a loving a caring environment for all who enter through our doors.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Discounted or Free Food
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- CPR (Required)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Required)